VVTI is strongly committed towards caring for the environment & strive for Green Environment. We believe that giving back to Nature is our duty & so our entire production activity is environment friendly.
These are few things we do to care for our nature :
- We take extra care in selection & procuring of raw materials (like ilmenite, scrap and acid) with low foreign contaminations ensures lower waste generation.
- Maxium possible iron recovery from the raw material is recovered as a useful by-product Ferrous Sulphate Heptahydrate [FSH] & Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate (FSM), which is used in soil amendment, effluent treatment, Iron Oxide manufacturing and micronutrient.
- Installed with state of the art gas cleaning system with sophisticated quencher and Electro static Precipitator, ensuring the flue gas doesnt have any harmful gas, chemicals or any particulate matters.
- Tio2 is also recovered in this process and recycled back.
- Fitted with Online flue gas monitoring device to ensure the gas cleaning is effecive.
- We also use reputed 3rd party laboratories to periodically check the flue gas quality.
- To the extent possible, Spent acid & water is recycled back to the production process, reducing the amount of acids to be neutralized. This also reduces the amount of virgin acid and fresh water consumption.
- A portion of spent acid is being utilised to produce Ferric Sulphate solution, which is again a valuable by-product used in other chemical unit for neutralising Arsenic. It is an effetive coagulant.
- We are also continuously doing R&Ds to effectively utilise spent acid to produce valuable by-products like Magnesium Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, etc.,
- Remaining spent acid is effectively neutralised with a dedicated neutralisation plant, which also produces valuable by-product, Gypsum. Gypsum is sold to various cement industries, soil amendments, gypsum boards., etc
- Neutralised water is used for green belt activities adjacent to the plant.
- Well paved concrete roads, warehouses, production facilities to ensure no harmful chemicals are let on land, even by accident.